Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thinking inside the box

Some of you may remember Mickey's meditation room from past posts:


I had moved it into a permanent spot between our TV table and a desk after Christmas, and it was promptly ignored by His Majesty. Apparently I messed with the bun-shui when I chose to make its placement acceptable to human standards.

I left it there, since it was helping to hide wires and wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb. After a while, I started putting his toys in there, since he wasn't paying much attention to those, either. He has quite a stash accumulated between bought toys and ordinary household objects, and each and every one consumed his attention for anywhere from one to five minutes before being doomed to perdition in the former meditation room.

That is how it had been for months...until a couple of weeks ago, when somebunny started rummaging through his toy collection. At first, it was to haul out a set of fruit-flavored balsa wood blocks (a gift that came with an order from some bunneh supply store, I forget which one) and promptly start gnawing on them--something he's never done before; wood is low on his things-to-chew list. The next thing I know, he's pulling out his old tart tins and flinging them around, which prompted the boy to start playing a few games of "put the tin on the bunny" until I told him to stop.

Last night, I looked up from my computer, and saw this:



Tonight, I moved the toys out of the box to see what he would do. He promptly went into the box and started digging around and nibbling at the corners here and there, then came back out for his usual petting and adoration session. I'm not sure if there will be any future bunstruction going on there or not, but I will let you know what develops.

10 comments:

SixBunnies said...

I can't see the video here at work (blocked), darn. I would love to see some "tin on the bunneh" pics! The meditation picture is priceless!

The Fab Furs said...

Sounds like Mr. Mick was feeling frisky and wanted to revisit his horde. Perhaps for his next adventure he will engage in "DIY bunstruction for that pesky boy's room".

Karen M said...

Such a cute and Busy guy! Great video of Mickey, Jade.

Jade said...

SixBuns: I think I may have one here somewhere; if I find it, it'll go in the next post.

FF: Mick would love to do anything in the pesky boy's room, but the boy has been particulatly diligent about keeping that area a bun-free zone.

Karen: Thanks! It was actually a longer video at first, but too much of it was him just sitting there looking up at me going, "Put the camera down and pet me!", so I edited it down a bit.

craftygreenpoet said...

what a cute video! Mickey is such a sweet bun!

Anonymous said...

What a veritable Treasure Trove of toys!! What a lucky bun!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

That photo still cracks me up!! He went in the toy box and said, "Hey! I've been look'in all over the place for this stuff! What's the big idea putting it all in here?"
xx, shell

Lisa said...

We have a big toy box for exactly that reason. It seems like after a year or two a toy becomes good again. So I'm hesitant to throw them out. Everything is fun when it's new!

My buns have never taken a single bite of balsa. For some reason it's what they sell in all the stores, so that's what I always bought in the beginning. To this day, nto a bite.

Monster said...

ah! i know you from livejournal! :D

Christina said...

He is such a cutie. He seems almost puzzled about it. I want to smoosh my face into his.