Friday, May 14, 2010

Bunny Toile

I was in the midst of cleaning the house in preparation for company tomorrow when I realized that I hadn't brought out one of my favorite spring/summer pieces to display:


Technically, it's three pieces, but I always think of them as one piece because I display them together. They are some of my very favorite bunny items. The pattern is called "Bunny Toile" because the print looks like toile fabric.


Close-up detail of the platter

There used to be a store in my area called "The Gingham Rabbit"; it sold all kinds of cutesy gift items like this (not just bunny stuff, although they did have quite a bit of it), but much of the stuff was out of my price range. Just before they closed, however, they had a going-out-of-business sale, and I scooped up these beauties at half price. Bunnies (my obsession) in green (my favorite color)? HAD. TO. HAVE. IT.


Close-up of the bowl pattern

I always have it on display during spring and summer, either on my dining room table or my living room table. Occasionally, I put flowers in the pitcher, but for the most part I leave it as is.


      

The pitcher, side one and side two

I wish I knew where I could find more of this pattern, but it probably costs more than I could comfortably afford, even on eBay. As is, I'm lucky to have the room to store what I've got; small houses and packrats just do not mix.


7 comments:

RG said...

Know the feeling ... what to take out, what to leave in. Where to put it. That's a keeper!

Hef's Mom said...

GOREGOUS! I WANT IT!
Thanks for donating!

Jade said...

RG: I learned about rotating displays from my grandma, who like me, had more stuff than room to show it. I always have bunnies throughout the house year-round, but right now, it's getting to be time to bring out my collection of glass fish for summer.

Hef's Mom: I did a search for "bunny toile" on eBay and found some more pieces, but they are expensive. As for donating, happy to help; I'm Type 2 diabetic, so I'm more than happy to spend some bucks if it'll bring a cure for those far worse afflicted than I am.

Deb Cushman said...

What beautiful pieces these are. Sometimes having just a few pieces allows you to appreciate them more.

Lovely blog -- we just found you.

Jade said...

Very true--and thank you, glad you like it. :)

SixBunnies said...

If you Google Bunny Toile Dinnerware, there are several places selling it. It's actually not as expensive as it looks like it should be! It's beautiful! Usually those boutiques sell things for inflated prices. Online is cheaper.
http://www.distinctive-decor.com/j-willfred-bunny-toile.html is one site I found.

Jade said...

Thanks much for the link, I will have to check that out; I did find one piece on eBay that was within my budget and bought it, but unfortunately, it arrived broken and the seller couldn't get another one. Such are the perils of the Postal Service.