Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Confession

This past Thursday, I was the awfullest bunny-mom ever.

Let me say that this has been one of those weeks. I'm hosting a candle party this Sunday and I've been trying to find the time to get the house cleaned and ready, but distractions of one kind or another have been putting me off-track all week. Wednesday, I was supposed to get my nails done (I am seriously vain about my nails, having been a reformed nail-biter for many years, so when they start to look rough, I freak), but had to put it off until Thursday. I also had a hair appointment scheduled for Thursday afternoon at 3:30pm.

Of course, it was a miserable, gray rainy day Thursday, and having not slept well the past few nights, I ended up sleeping far longer than intended, so by the time I was up, fed, showered and dressed, it was already going into afternoon. By the time I got to the nail salon for my manicure, it was already about 2:00pm. I was finished in time to grab a late lunch before the hair appointment, got that done, got home, sat on the computer for a bit, watched some TV, took a brief catnap, and was just about to sit down at 10:30pm to do the weekly payroll when I suddenly realized:

I hadn't fed Mickey all day.

(I know, how bad is that?!)

Now, this is not to say that Mr. Mick had no food. On the contrary, he had a pile of hay and a dish of pellets leftover from the day before, so he hadn't been starved, but he had not received his usual daytime fresh greens and treats, and from the way he carried on as I immediately went to the fridge to remedy the error, you'd think he hadn't eaten in a week. (of course, if he'd made that kind of stink earlier in the day, I would have remembered far sooner). He was trying to open the cage door as fast as I could get the latch open, and immediately climbed all over me as I was opening his dried bananas container to try to snag what he could get. Once he had a piece of banana to chew on, all was well with the world and he was amenable to much petting and apologies. He even gave me a few licks to let me know I was forgiven--even if he wasn't going to get an extra banana slice for his pain and suffering. I still feel bad about completely forgetting, though--that is not good bunny-mom behavior.

In other news, I have been unable to take new pictures of Mickey because I cannot remember where I put the battery charger for my camera, so I have been playing around with some of his old ones. Karen M. of Rabbits Eat Quilts has been posting about her Photoshop lessons (and putting up some lovely pics), so I was inspired to open up my trusty PaintShopPro and have some fun. This is the picture of Mickey that appears in the 2010 Bunspace calendar:


I edited out the plastic container in the background as best I could, using Object Remover:


This is going to be the base for a bunch of effects, but here's two for now. Here is Mickey in Enamel:


And here he is in Colored Foil:


Isn't that awesome? Wait until you see some of the other effects. Thanks to Karen for the inspiration!

8 comments:

Lisa Alto said...

He he he... He forgave you pretty easily! I thought Mickey would be much more of a snubber!!!
Cool pics to!

Jade said...

I know, I was expecting some serious snub. He must have been feeling generous, I guess.

Karen M said...

Love the photo effects. He looks like he is powering up for some serious action.

As for the food, as long as he has hay and water, no big deal. It happens. Although Mickey may have another opinion about it. And if he's anything like my buns, he'd try to tell you he hadn't gotten his treats, even if he did....

RG said...

Blue being a cool color and red being a warm one, I would say the pictures are the Mick before and after the nanananana treat!!!!

You wretch ....

SixBunnies said...

Mick is fabulous no matter how you picture him! You're a great bunny mom! I've been lazy before when I ran out of veggies. The bunz are fine running on hay for a while. Bananananas are like that flashy thing in Men in Black ... they erase their memories ...

The Fab Furs said...

Mickey hopes you can afford the rights to all the photos you are taking of him. I think that if he had been seriously upset about the lack of greens, he would have let you know. He must have figured out that a guilt trip would serve him better at that point in time.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

There is a word "egregious" which applies here.....
from the 4Buns

Lisa said...

Oh no! I know how you feel though. That's the worst when you realize you forgot something and feel beyond terrible.

Psychedelic Mickey!!! How cool!!! I want a photoshopper of some sort. Maybe crop out some of the doots out of my otherwise beautiful pictures. I love how Mickey's eye looks in the second one.