Sunday, June 27, 2010

Crazy bunny people unite! :)

Went to the annual meeting of the House Rabbit Connection for the first time yesterday. The HRC is the MA & CT chapter of the House Rabbit Society, and they do loads of wonderful work with shelters, rescues, and vets taking in rabbits and finding them good forever homes. I've been a member for quite a few years. Unfortunately, many of their activities take place too far from where I live for me to participate, but the meeting location was only an hour-and-a-half's drive, so I decided to give it a go.

I'm guessing there were about 20-25 people there altogether, and it was nice to get a chance to chat in person with other bunny people, especially people as crazy about rabbits as I am. I even got to meet Dana Gillin of Bunny Blab fame; she manages the HRC website and took pictures and filmed the meeting. She was very nice and politely let me ramble on about this blog and about Mickey. The guest speaker did a nice presentation about rabbit nutrition and acupuncture and chiropractic work on rabbits. She even demonstrated her chiropractic technique on the rabbit of one of the HRC board members, although he was doing his best to upstage her. I wish I'd brought my camera and taken pictures (my phonecam would not have done it justice), but hopefully, it'll be up on the website soon for people to see.

Afterwards, there were refreshments, a raffle, bunny stuff on sale and even some bunny knickknacks offered for free to HRC members. I bought two necklaces and a wood toy for Mickey, and picked out a lovely ceramic rabbit and a cute magnet out of the free stuff. Pictures of those will be posted here as soon as I get a chance to take some, but since I don't have any yet (and it wouldn't be a Z of B post without a picture), here's one of us on the couch taken a while back:


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww Snuggle BUNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Jade said...

Oh yes, he is a snuggly boy; perches on my shoulder and licks my face while watching TV with me. The only downsides are the clothes-nibbling, the fur-shedding and the occasional nip, but the kisses make it well-worthwhile. :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

He is a sweetie. A true snuggly bunny!
Sounds like that meeting was really fun. There is something like that here. It's about 2 hours from my house. I may have to go sometime.

Jade said...

The meeting was very fun. While I cherish each and every one of the bunny people I know online, it's nice to get to talk to bunny people in person in my area--it reassures me that I'm not as nutty as it may seem. ;)