Friday, February 8, 2013

Battening down the hatches (again)

Hey! It's us!

Taken with my crappy cell phone, btw.

Yes, we are fine, although Mr. Mick is currently getting icky ointment put in his eyes in the hopes of relieving the mild leakiness that has been going on. I keep telling his vet that all that stuff does is make his fur greasy, but I'm giving it one more shot and then after that, I'm going with some herbal tea washes instead to see if that makes things any better without all the grease. 

You can see a little of the greasiness here, 
although I actually tried to keep it from showing for picture purposes.

He'll be done with the ointment on Monday, which is good because we have another public appearance coming up. If you live in the western MA area, we will be at the Petco in Pittsfield, MA on Sunday, February 17th from 2pm to either 4 or 5pm to spread the good word about rabbits and rabbit care and encourage people to adopt rabbits from shelters and rescues (and to learn about rabbits before adopting them, too). Of course, this is all "weather permitting", since Mother Nature keeps tossing all this stupid snow in our direction. 

"Don't care about no snow--as long as I've got enough oats and hay cookies to eat
and furry thrones to snuggle on, I'm all set."


We're supposed to get well over a foot of the junk over the next 24 hours, which completely messes up our plans for tonight. As long as the power stays on and I have internet, though, I can deal with it. Otherwise, it's gonna get mighty ugly.



9 comments:

Hef's Mom said...

We are getting snowed in too! Oh well, time for a fire and some cozy food!

Annette Tait said...

gosh, we only have a spattering on the distant hills! hope you all stay warm :)
i use eyebright when Wes had an eye infection and it was nice and mild on him. Got it as homeopathic pillules that I just diluted in water and washed on with a damp tissue

Christina said...

I can see you all are getting dumped on. Mick looks as snug as a bug in a rug. I love the pic of you and Mr. Mick. (hey that rhymed)

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hope you don't get too much snow! Micky looks so cute there.... Good luck with your public appearance!

SixBunnies said...

I like your picture! You two stay comfy and safe!

My Jamal's eyes get weepy sometimes. It's when his hay has dust in it and I leave the ceiling fan on in the sunroom.

I also figured out my larger bunns were getting sore hocks because their toenails were too long and they had to rest more weight on their heels... poor babies. I was just scared to trim the nails short...

Well, this turned into confessions of a bad bunny mommy ... sorry!

Mick looks like he's in pretty good hands! :)

bunnits said...

Hoping that you and the Mick are not without power in the blizzard. Stay safe and warm.

MoB said...

Winter! And it is so hot over here, I can do with some snow.

RG said...

Benji has a bit of eye-gooey now and then too. Doc drops did not help much yet.

A box full of hay looks mighty fine to ride out any storm!

RoadBunner said...

I hope his eye has gotten better. Mario has had chronic runny eyes for almost 2 years now. We tried flushing the ducts and all sorts of antibiotics. I stopped short of a head x-ray to rule out a tooth growing into his skull (!!!!). Since he is still kicking 2 years later, it turned out not to be that, thankfully.