Sunday, November 20, 2011

'tis better to give than receive

...but getting stuff is all kinds of fun, too--especially when it's an unexpected gift.

A couple of weeks ago, my dear friend (and Mick's beloved Auntie) Shell of The Raspberry Rabbits put up this post about some lovely rabbit-themed trinkets she had recently purchased. One of these trinkets was a lovely little ceramic basket in white and green with a bunny perched on the handle. I immediately recognized the pattern as being Bunny Toile, a pattern I have been semi-collecting (I have three pieces, but as it tends to be expensive, I have not expanded my collection yet), and commented (with tongue firmly in cheek) that I was a little jealous that she had found such a precious piece that I had not known existed (I've only seen Bunny Toile in kitchen items, such as plates, platters, bowls, etc.) and would have loved to have gotten for myself.

I should have known...

This past Thursday, a package from Shell arrives in the mail. I was completely surprised, as I was the one who was supposed to be sending her stuff (she was one of our calendar winners, plus I was sending her a gift myself).

What was inside?

*SQUEE*!


Also, a lovely card featuring two of the most adorable assistants anyone could want...


...wishing me an early Happy Birthday. Honestly, the *squee*-ing was just non-stop, people.

When I emailed Shell to thank her and "oh, you shouldn't have" her, she confessed that the post was her sneaky way of getting me to tell her which one I liked so she could send it to me for my birthday. (She knows me far too well; I am one opinionated wench--she knew I wouldn't be able to resist saying something.)

Thank you a million times over, Shell *hugs*--this little sweetie will be sitting on my vanity and holding my earrings after I've worn them (that is, until my lazy butt gets around to putting them back on my earrings rack...I am so bad about that).

8 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! I'm so glad you like it and it was so fun to surprise you!
Hugs!

Hef's Mom said...

So clever and so sweet! Lucky you, I thought it was an adorable piece!

Lisa said...

That Shell is such an awesome lady! Great little basket! (I lose all my earings the same way! lol).

Karen M said...

shell is such a sweetie. More reason to smile when you look at your new bowl of buns....

The Bunns said...

Was there some Mickey-treats in there? Hmmmm????

Jade said...

Mick was content to have a nice cardboard box to play with and some tissue paper to toss around. He says anything from Auntie Shell is a good thing.

FairyCastleFarm said...

so bun-tastically purfect!!! Lucky you :O)

Christina said...

Great basket and Shell is just a terrific lady. I commented on something I liked on her blog once and voila it came to me in the mail. She has a very good heart.